These are so easy and fun to make with the little ones. They are also great to serve or take to any spring parties or outings you’ll be having this year, and best of all, they are always a hit! You can make between 12-18 little nests depending on how much Rice Krispie mixture you add to each cupcake cup.
In the past I’ve always used coconut that I’ve dyed with a bit of green food coloring, but this year when I went out to find the jelly beans, I discovered something new! It’s called Edible Candy Easter Grass that was imported from Germany, so I decided to give it a try and save a step in our creating! You should be able to find it in your local department stores.
Krispie Spring Nests
- (14 oz.) bag Sweetened Flake Coconut
- Green food dye /or Green Candy (Edible) Easter Grass
- 1 (7.5 oz.) jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Butter or Shortening (for hands)
- Jelly Beans or Peanut M & Ms
- Place 1 (14 oz.) bag sweetened flake coconut in a bowl. Use a toothpick to apply and stir in a few drops of green food dye. Let dry.
- Melt 1 (7.5 oz.) jar Marshmallow Fluff in a pan over medium-low heat, stirring until soft and pliable.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 3 cups Rice Krispies.
- Arrange 12 paper cupcake liners in a cupcake tin.
- Grease hands with Shortening.
- Gather a small amount of cereal mixture and shape to fit into a cupcake liner. Add more cereal to make a rim around top. Let cool.
- Fill each nest with a bit of coconut or candy grass and 3 jelly beans or peanut M&M.
IT’S OVERFLOWING , I SHOULD BE MOPPING THE FLOOR , Nifty thrifty , HOMEMAKER ON A DIME , I HEART NAP TIME , TABLESCAPER , LIFE ON LAKESHORE DR , CREATE WITH JOY , ADORNED FROM ABOVE , MIZ HELEN’S COUNTRY COTTAGE